Monday, June 25, 2007

Random thoughts, statements, and accusations about this land they call Japan.

-Why do we call it Japan when Japanese call it Nippon or Nihon? It's like Germany and Deutschland. How many other names of countries do we butcher?

-What's with the random lotto stalls. I hardly see anybody ever buying a ticket but these things are all over the place! Can I buy one? And how would I know if I won?

- Have you ever seen so many people reading comic books (Manga... I know... get over it) in one place? at four in the morning? What the hell do these people do?

-I want a beer without the izakya atmosphere. I want a normal, shady, run'o the mill bar!

-A good majority of Japanese avoid me on the train... and just about anywhere else.

-Octopus. What's the big deal? It doesn't even have a flavor. You can't tell me they like it for the texture... it feels like rubber!

-Everyone keeps talking about rainy season. What the hell? It's been raining at the very least once a couple weeks. If that's not rainy season then tell me what is.

-I'm over the foriegners that try to blend in so much so that they act like snobs. Those people are lame.

-I don't care what Matt says. The phones here are way more advanced than the ones back in the States!

-Must every employee say "Irashaimase!" upon entering a store? I think that one is enough. Although I can't help but be ammused by the one guy that says it about three minutes after everyone else.

-Beer. Can I have a little more variety please?

-I've been wondering... why is it that Japan is the only other country where theme parks thrive? Hmmmm... research paper?

-Damn this is a hard language to learn.

That is all for now.

No comments: