Wednesday, July 25, 2007

International Project

For my international project I was supposed to photograph and write about people communicating on two forms of transportation. I know what you're thinking, "In Japan?". Yeah, that's what I thought. Never mind I only travel using the train, I hardly ever see people communicating with eachother. So, I decided to just go with it. I would just describe the lack thereof communication and I would sacrifice some cash on a taxi for my second mode of transportation. I hate buses and I couldn't bring myself to use on, don't ask, that's another story entirely.

I spent a night out on the town in Ikebukuro with some friends. I documented my traveling by plotting my course via a GPS device I was lent by the school. I took the Mita Line from my station at Shimurasanchome to Sugamo station. Then I proceeded to Ikebukuro via the Yamanote. When I got to Ikebukuro I figured it would be worthwhile to keep GPSing my location as I went about my night; once on my way to a bar, at a bar, on my way to karaoke, at karaoke, and then waiting for a cab. I plotted a few spots in the cab on my way home and tooke some pictures of the empty streets. Yeah, I stayed out all night. I got dropped off at the McDonalds by my house, plotted that place, then took a bunch of pictures of a pigeon that will probably not make it into the project. He was just getting so close to me and I was drunk and excited.

So now I just have to finish putting this thing together. I've been working on it for a while now but I have yet to complete it. I figue it will be done this weekend. Maybe even Friday. So yeah, It should be up on here sometime soon I hope. I'll probably just make a seperate blog for it. Be on the look out ya'all!

No comments: